Excellent service & industry leading solutions development.
About the jobWe are looking for a data scientist to help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus is to apply data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Masters or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, and more) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Understanding of advanced statistical methods and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, and more.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, and more.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, and more.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, and more.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, and more.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, and more.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, and more.
Job Type: Full time
Job Location: Technopark, Trivandrum