How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Healthcare?
by Pushp Kumar Dutt on December 27, 2018Artificial intelligence has been a gamechanger for the healthcare industry in endless ways. Innovative healthcare solutions are widely introduced and accepted in healthcare organizations enabling medical care providers to optimize workflows, improve patient treatment, and reduce costs. Smart devices, biosensors, mobile applications, blockchain-based electronic medical record systems, web health portals, predictive analytics, and home virtual assistants truly represent a new stage in the world of healthcare today.
Electronic Health RecordsArtificial intelligence has dramatically simplified the otherwise complicated and time-consuming processes of user burnout, cognitive overload, and endless documentation that were associated in the past with transitions of traditional medical records to Electronic Health Records. Today, a lot of time and effort can be saved with techniques and tools like dictation, voice recognition, and natural language processing. Not surprisingly, this has become a huge advantage for doctors as well as the support staff as retrieval of information is a strong aspect in Artificial Intelligence. Furthermore, they can even utilize intuitive user interfaces to make things easier and simpler for storing information. If that is not all, there has been huge and significant improvements in the way patients are treated.
- Doctors are no longer worried about the wrong drug combinations or drug overdose or allergies as this information is saved in the Cloud. This invaluable information is meant to be relied on and acted upon at the right time and place.
- The advantages of AI have proved to be great benefits to existing patients of different infections. Now, they can take advantage of AI technology as it is now easier and quicker to identify the infection patterns and send notifications.
- The system would send automatic notifications to the concerned patient if he or she has an overdue lab test.
- A request for medicine refill will be sent and get approved promptly if a patient is about to run out of his or her medication.
- AI technology can also be used to identify patients that require urgent medical care. Doctors and their support staff can thus prioritize things accordingly.
Virtual Health AssistanceThe levels of patient engagement can be enhanced to the next levels through Medical Virtual Assistant (MVA) and Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA). With Artificial Intelligence, medical assistance has gone beyond exponential heights by urging patients to effectively and efficiently manage their health and fitness goals. Now, AI also helps them look after their health requirements like a real assistant would and perhaps in even better ways. Here are some ways:
- Helps patients get prompt, relevant, and accurate advice when they have common complaints or ailments.
- Reminds patients to take their medication and the appropriate dosage quantity at the appointed time.
- Allows virtual interaction with doctors, saving invaluable time and efforts.
- Reminds patients of bookings and doctor appointments.
- Allows patients to manage doctor appointments.
- Suggests eating, diet, and lifestyle habits for people with dietary ailments or restrictions.
ConclusionArtificial Intelligence has revolutionized the concept of modern healthcare systems. It has changed the roles played by medical practitioners, the support staff, and even of the patients. Indeed, there are some challenges that need addressing. But the advantages outweigh the challenges. Artificial Intelligence is here to grow and expand. Want to know how NetObjex can assist your healthcare requirements and impact your healthcare enterprise? We can help you!
By Pushp Kumar Dutt on December 27, 2018
Most Viewed Posts