Excellent service & industry leading solutions development.
Software Release Coordinator
NetObjex vision has been to unlock the value of assets that allows for transparency, liquidity and proof of ownership through tokenization in the Blockchain using an omnichannel platform that enables seamless participation in the creation, distribution, attribution and consumption of assets for brands. NetObjex’s Omni Channel Digital Asset Platform for Web, Mobile, OTT and the Metaverse delivers across all different asset classes.
About the jobNetObjex builds products that help create opportunities for everyone across the globe. As a focused Release Coordinator on release management, you will manage on-time deployment and ongoing support of high-quality software products and features. You’ll use your technical expertise to identify and manage risks, make sound judgments about quality, and stop or accelerate production at the right time. In this role, you’ll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. And, you will experience industry leading benefits and ample opportunities for personal and professional development, you’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
- Develop new user-interface features
- Manage/Monitor risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio/Business Unit/Platform.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Coordination of software deployment and patching services and accountable for patching compliance.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Produce/Maintain/Monitor Release Versioning and Artifacts.Regular Release Reporting.
- Serve as the liaison between the IT teams and the Operations’ teams to ensure release readiness.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Manager as required.
- Negotiate, plan and monitor release activities.
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of changes/releases.
- Continually work with the Release Manager towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Work across the organization to improve efficiency, governance, and compliance of the Release process, deliver documentation and training standards in conjunction with the Release process.
- As part of Release readiness assessment, provide robust and accurate reporting on the health of the release including exception reporting on high impact, aborted and unauthorized changes. Identify process deficiencies and adverse trends in change and release practices and implementation of change.
- Perform risk analysis for late admissions into scheduled releases and for all changes not in a scheduled release.
- Ensure process, procedure and work instruction documentation for Release Coordination activities are correct and up to date.
- Schedule and facilitate release status meetings during the Release weekend as needed to review progress and/or issues encountered.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 1.5 – 4 years of previous project release and/or management activities, good exposure in information systems operations environment in a regulated industry.
- A thorough understanding of Software Deployment Cycle, Docker Containers, Kubernetes and Software Release Versioning.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Experience of managing change and release management process.
- Experience of working in a global organisation preferably spanning infrastructure, applications and/or operational environments.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Gitlab.
- Ability to make the proper judgement calls on deploy calls if roadblocks present themselves, knowledge of downstream integrations & functions.
- Collaborate with the Product team to enhance the Release Notes process.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A comprehensive understanding of the requirements for supporting and maintaining Software Releases and versions.
- Understanding the working of Gitlab, Kubernetes.
- Experienced in dealing with Microservices and API technology.
- Experience of managing change and release management processes to a virtual desktop estate.
Typical Range of Experience
- 1.5 – 4 years of directly related experience.
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships at the Management level.
Job Type: Full time
Job Location: Technopark, Trivandrum / Chennai